Saturday 24 March 2012

Another foggy night

Friday 23rd March -
Putting your hopes in the weatherman/weather websites is proving to be the wrong thing to do at the moment. Last night I was promised (maybe that's where I'm going wrong!) that the temperatures would stay above 9 degrees, and that the sky was going to be cloudy. "Tonight is a good night to test the MV properly" I thought. As I arrived home after Scouts, watching the temperature plummet through the early evening I stood watching the trap for an hour. A Small Quaker arrived about 2215, and two Emmelina were on the shed walls waiting for me, but for that hour I got bored!
So I decided to call it quits at 2330. I picked my way through the eggboxes and managed a fairly respectable 10 moths in total. Not bad for the temperature and conditions (it was misty in patches under a clear sky).
The Small Quaker is new for the year.

Also in the trap were:
1 x Hebrew Character
5 x Common Quaker
1 x Clouded Drab

2 x Emmelina monodactyla on sheds
1 x Small Quaker potted from the sheet




Moth Year list = 18

No comments:

Post a Comment