Saturday 2 June 2012

Another armchair tick!

So there's a good reason that I've spent so many hours photographing EVERY moths that I caught last year (well all those that looked different anyway!)

I'm currently updating my lifelist page with small thumbnail images, and whilst looking through my photos from the 2nd June 2011 I flicked past this one which immediately stopped me in my tracks as I new instantly what it was.

Don't ask me how I missed this fantastically different Scoparia pyralella, but I did! It's sharp gold coloured spots stood out in the photo, maybe they didn't whilst I was photographing it. Then again there were a lot of moths to photograph from that trap (83 of 40 species - 41 species now!) so maybe it was all a bit rushed. Anyway, it slots into my list as number 291.

No comments:

Post a Comment