Thursday 15 September 2011

Surprise find

After the rush of trapping at the end of August, this week has provided me time to catch up with things a little. The cool nights and massive gales have meant that I didn't have the inclination to trap. So it was that I sat down at the computer to document my trappings. I came to the 29th August list of photos and whilst inserting them into a Word document, I came upon this one of a Gothic...

As you can see, it's not the Gothic but a very similar (but equally, very distinct, species!) Feathered Gothic. I can't believe I missed it when I took it's portrait, but I'm very glad that I have documented almost every moth I've caught this year, otherwise it would have been lost in moth-dom!

Trapping tonight as it's fairly still and currently standing at a respectable 13degrees. No rain predicted either, so hopefully there'll be a few more autumnal species for me in the morning!








No comments:

Post a Comment