Sunday 29 April 2012

Rainy Sundays

Not much to report really, in fact the lack of mothing opportunities is really getting me frustrated. When I look back at last year it's amazing that two years can be so different. 43 Species trapped last year...15 this year.

Today the rain really put me in a glum mood, but a tiny bird brought me a bit of brightness. On dropping Jordan back at home in Derby we drove past Bass Rec in the middle of town, as we came alongside the river a group of hirundines were catching insects low over the grass and with them...my first House Martin for 2012. It flew alongside the car at one point, it was great! This prompted me to pop into Wyver Lane on my return journey, but I suspect it was getting a little too late in the day. One Swallow did fly through, and the pond held 1 male and 3 female Goosander, 2 Oystercatcher, a good number of Tufties - perhaps come in off the river? - Gadwall, and Mute Swan.

No comments:

Post a Comment