Thursday 5 April 2012

Armchair ticks

No! Not something I've caught from sitting in grannie's favourite chair, but with these cold nights and no mothing to be had I've got to fill my time somehow? So what better to do than review old photos (well, from 2009).

There, sitting in my 'moths from ages ago but didn't have enough knowledge to tell what they are' folder, was a photo taken on the wall of a pub called the Blue Boar, in Maldon, Essex when we were doing some drilling down in the Blackwater Estuary in September 2009.


If I'm not mistaken I can now confidently identify this as a Nut-tree Tussock, my 13 moth noticed before I actually started trapping (in spring of 2010). This puts my total moth tally to 385. Brilliant!

Still on 23 for this year though...although we're all set for Saturday night in the woods! Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment