Thursday 18 August 2011

A little addition

17th August - whilst in the garden photographing the catch from Tuesday night in various natural locations I lost the Chequered Fruit-tree Tortrix in the beans. I searched for it and whilst doing so brushed past a tiny micro which landed right next to the CFTT. I potted it up and fridged it to allow photographs.

I think it's Argyresthia brockeella. But I'm willing to accept any other offers! It's a garden first, whatever it is. I've never seen a coppery coloured micro here before. (Edit: The nice people at Back Garden Moths think that this is A. goedartella, which means it's not new for me, but a new addition for the garden)

 


Also had Mompha propinquella on the kitchen window tonight!

I'm off to Devon for a family holiday so this will be the last post for a week or so. Not allowed to take the trap, as it may keep everyone else on the campsite awake! Pah!

No comments:

Post a Comment