Saturday 11 February 2012

Fairly quiet on both fronts

The lack of posting is probably a good indication that I don't have much to tell! The birding has slowed considerably after January's mad dash, and I'm slowly creeping up the list (105 at present). Work and family have kept me rather busy, and snow has kept me indoors (excuses, excuses!)

Recent additions include a Grey Wagtail over the car park at work.
A wander round Alvaston Park, Derby and down the river Derwent provided some Goosander, Stock Dove and about 20+ Linnet on the new reserve near Raynesway.
And Kingfisher fell onto the list as the resident bird at Codnor Park Reservoir showed really well on the slightly frozen canal section. If anyone reading this wants to see Kingfisher REALLY well then I advise a visit!

Tuesday night I visited Elvaston Castle to see if any Tawny Owl were about but I think it was so cold they'd given up any ideas of action. The only birds seen were the roosting Herons. I did manage to add Winter Moth (372nd Species) to my Derbyshire list though, in the headlights as I was putting my kit away.

No comments:

Post a Comment